View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 21:59   Link #1528
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And statistics are that countries with heavy regulations and bans, have a tremendously lower homicide rate, and lower death rate by firearm. There is such a huge difference it is staggering. When you consider that every country has the same % of stupid people, then we realize the US is no different. But we must stick to the firm belief that nothing that is ever tried in any other country, could possibly work here! That is why we stick with private health care, which costs us over twice as much for less care, compared to other countries. Socialized medicine wouldn't work here, obviously!

And hey, listening to statistics and data is silly. :P
Yes, we saw how well bans and heavy regulations worked in Chicago last summer now didn't we?

I'd like to ask Kyuu, Kaijo, and Sugetso to put themselves in syn's position, for a week. No "Star Trek" weapons, no guns, no nothing except your wits and survival instinct to get you thru your daily routine. What do you do if confronted by a robber or thief? Remember your equipment if your life's work, losing it means you don't eat or can't make the rent! What do you do, how do you act?
For me; I have four years of Aikido under my belt, a collapsible baton, attaché case. But then I've had training. Now what about you?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote