View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 17:22   Link #215
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Whelp:
Tactics Ogre (PSP remake) also has NG+ and postgame content (which can done after the first playthrough). But interesting enough it's challenge comes more from the former than the later.
Huh? I can't speak for the other games since I haven't played them, but Tactics Ogre's sidequests and postgame content is definitely more massive and more challenging than the main game. Enemies in story battles have fixed levels and don't scale with your party's level until after you beat the game and obtain The World tarot. Then there's the massive Palace of the Dead with over 100 floors, San Bronsa Ruins, playing through other story routes, beating all four chapters of CODA which requires playing through multiple routes (Law and Chaos at least), and gearing yourself to beat all of that, which includes grinding skill EXP to have the weapon mastery AND the Imbue element skill maxed.
In the main game, all you need is... some decently leveled units.

Like I said, the Fire Emblem series is built on using strategy with limited resources. It's hard to imagine how they could balance the enemies to keep up with your increase in stats except to raise their level as well to match yours... and if that's the case, why not just make the main game longer?
In fact, that's exactly what they did. In Radiant Dawn and this game, they added 2nd tier promotions for a higher level cap so the main game would be longer.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote