View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 09:07   Link #14
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
Who knows.. probably just another arse-pull no jutsu.

It's impressive no doubt. But the way the jutsu's are pulled out of thin air one after the other without real meaning is where the story is let down.

If Hashirama was wounded and at a severe disadvantage, by giving Madara all benefit of the doubt that he no longer treasures their friendship, then after all that pulls out the Thousand Palms of Budda no jutsu, I'd be happy with that.

But Hashirama arse-pulls this one out without breaking a sweat. Impressive, but completely cheapens all sorts of jutsu before in the story.
I dont know...it was mentioned that this was not the first fight to the death that they have had...assuming izuna death the catalyst, their friendship likely had been falling apart for sometime (izuna may have died by a notable senjus hand...). in addition, in this particular encounter madara was laying out some fairly impressive "one and done" maneuvering...imo hashirama did not need much more to pull out all the stops. if anything this just shows that madara perhaps didnt have much of a chance before now.

also, considering the size of that sage summon which seems to be comparable to the size of the juubi, i am really excited for this little history lesson to go full circle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
shodai's older right?

i get the feeling that hash and madara may have been good friends a very long time ago...
"he was right about it being an immoral jutsu..." madara said this