View Single Post
Old 2013-02-28, 22:42   Link #40
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm starting to think that Clannad might be that once in a decade exception of where unified simply works. Otherwise, romance suffers.

Would Little Busters! be better if it went with omnibus over unified? Honestly, I'm starting to lean that way.

What do other people think?
The problem with this question is source material readers have more insight into this as usual, but I'll try to tread the line as best as possible here .

Your example is simply not the best one, though if you used other VN examples, you would have a better point IMO.

Spoiler for Not really a LB spoiler, but for those sensitive people:

The obvious limitations of omnibus in general is budget and time. Most VN adaptions get nothing more than 1 cour of material. Think something like Koy Senkyo to Chocolate, which I think really suffered from trying to mesh together too many routes and was really lacking as a result. This is the type of story where either they should have omnibus'd it with many episodes, or just choose one route from the beginning like Mashiro-Iro Symphony, which more or less stuck to one route. These are stories though where romance is very critical to each of the routes in some way, so it makes sense that "omnibus" would be more satisfying. Not all VN's really care about romance though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote