View Single Post
Old 2013-03-12, 14:23   Link #110
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
SWTOR's subscribers are pretty special, seeing how they fiercely defend that non-subscribers shouldn't be allowed to post on the forums.
I dunno I've played a few MMORPGs that have gone f2p and I always see the term "f2p kiddy" thrown around

In fact, I think I think I even saw it on this thread.

perhaps it's fear of not being special anymore compared to non-subscribers
perhaps it's the feeling of betrayal that you have subscribed all and paid real money all these months only to be "evenly" matched by someone who didn't pay a cent
perhaps it's just plain old prejudice against newer players
perhaps it's the myth that people who pay more money are better and smarter at games than people who don't
perhaps people are just afraid of change

the point is that I think subscriber ego plays a role in making the situation worse

I don't think it's just SWTOR
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote