View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 11:16   Link #152
Shiyumi

[QUOTE]That would violate the principle of "equal level, equal potential." There would be many Duel Avatars going around that were simply weaker than others, and many (especially Children with the benefit of Parent guidance) that were more powerful than others./QUOTE]

That was normal, just because you have same potential doesn't mean you know how or can you full of them.

Quote:
It is a Limit Skill, but that doesn't make it the same.

Flight was the power around which Silver Crow was fully designed. For Ash Roller, it was the Enhanced Armament: Night Rocker.

Vertical Climb was unnecessary for the Night Rocker. It was simply a bonus; a bonus that would improve the overall potential of Ash Roller.

It doesn't necessarily follow that just because SOME Limit Skills can be learned rather than bought, that all Limit Skills relate to an avatar's potential in the same way.

If Haruyuki had not discovered Silver Crow's hidden ability, I'm sure that he could have unlocked it later without needing to buy it with a bonus. (Indeed, potential bonuses might even revealed its existence, unless the relevant bonuses remain hidden as well.)
Gold, when I say unlock I mean that skill will appear in avatar's skill list and the player will chose the skill he want to learn by add Bonus Point to that skill(same with how Roller chose Vertical Climb). And I never said anything like 'buy it with a bonus'. Bonus Point is the points you got when level up(the term was use is 'level up bonus'), you can use them adding to whatever attribute of avatar you want to strengthen not just limit to skill. Also, all Roller's potential lie in Night Rocker, same with Flight to Crow. In Crow's case, he add the points direct to Flight. In Roller's case, he add the points indirect to Night Rocker through the skill option since the bike was his everything(Roller without bike much worse than Crow without wings). The avatar's parameter and skill upgrade pretty systematic, you don't need to complicated it.

Quote:
Heck, Silver Crow's Special Move is significantly less impressive than his Limit Ability; his Aviation Punch and Kick are more useful than Headbutt.
Actually, Aviation Headbutt is his strongest move. It's just that skill make it hard to homing and will consume more SP.

Quote:
Noumi COULD have unlocked his hidden power after getting Demonic Commandeer, but I would guess that he was fully satisfied with DC and didn't think to look for any other power.

The interesting puzzle now becomes: What kind of Passive or Limit Ability could Dusk Taker possible have had, to use up so much of his avatar's potential in the way of Aviation and the Night Rocker?

What sort of power would make sense for an avatar which could gain a Special Move like Demonic Commandeer?
Sorry I didn't make it clear, Normal and Limit are Passive Skill(don't need voice command, can learn through battle), Special is Active Skill(need voice command, only learn from level up). He had to chose, either concentrate on DC or share Bonus Point to learn and level up other skill(probably an attack skill or a temporary stealing move that work like DC, with his character it was oblivious what happened). That is what make the game balance, let assume he learn X skill and DC, and level both of them then he probably can't steal Flight or he will need to delete other weapon to do so.

Quote:
(Also assuming that he got DC as early as Level 2. Perhaps he got the whole power at Level 4, and gained multiple levels through sheer hardwork, while getting only Level 5 through blackmail? Or was he Level 4 when he met Haru, I forget.)
He was Lv5. Its not that he got the whole power, but DC's storage get bigger with adding Bonus Point each time he level up(like how Citrol Call can rewind time further)

Quote:
I asked if there was any known reason for that association. Or any theories.
Game designer think it was a good ideal(probably).

Quote:
Where the heck did Bonus Points come from? Sorry to hit the brakes, but with BPs, Limit, and a whole other bunch of terms you're confusing me. I know you're referring from the novel illustrations but bear in mind the probability of inconsistent and inaccurate translations.
It's from the novel
+Lotus advice Crow concentrate on his Flight (and his speed?)(somewhere between vol1 and vol2)
+Roller mention it on his second fight with Crow "I was super stumped on what to use the level up bonus on, it had special attack, movement speed up, and wall-climbing. Ah, I made the ultra ~ correct ~ choice ~"
+Rain "I heard that «Scarlet Rain» put all of her level up bonuses into enhancing her long range firepower."
+Edge advise Lotus and other Element how to develop their avatars(side novel)
not just the illustration(and I was sure it's correct too). tusjecht, you should have more faith in me.

Quote:
If I have this right: you're saying, it's like as if Crow chose Rapid Knuckle as his bonus instead, and poured in enough bonuses for it to become something much more powerful, is that what you're saying?
That's about right. But if an avatar ignore his main potential it rather hard to get stronger. Right now, Crow only upgrade his Flight which prolong his flight time(cost fewer SP), but it can turn out like this:
Crow learned Fight(either like in the novel or when he up to Lv2) and after use Bonus Point to upgrade Punch or Kick or both(prefer Kick). You have seen how powerful his Aviation Kick was without any upgrade. With the cost of his flight time(or something interested in future) he will get ultimate finish move Super Meteor Emperor Falcon Kick(guess it will cost a lot more SP also).

On last point, Taker only said "I finally obtained my first special technique in this avatar that didn’t possess any significant power". If he only had Punch, Kick, Headbutt as Normal or Limit Skill, it still count as 'didn’t possess any significant power' right(he still have a Limit Skill unlearn, an attack skill or a temporary stealing move that work like DC)

Last edited by Shiyumi; 2013-03-16 at 12:18.