View Single Post
Old 2013-04-04, 16:00   Link #8
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The start of the anime had me laughing almost every episode, mix in tears during the climax of the arcs.

Latter portions of the series is more drama oriented but I find it quite easy to follow as they are well paced and also involve all the members of the well developed cast to keep things interesting.

A lot of the important scenes: the nyranboron presentation, the first and second time Sorata hugged Mashiro, the valentine scene, etc are quite memorable.

Mashiro is def the star of the show. While she lacks in common sense, she is able to see and express the things which others fail to (ie: "Sorata is the one who doesn't understand", how her words encouraged Misaki, etc). Her unique attributes also allow us (and Sorata himself) to experience her budding love for Sorata over the series, which I find to be quite enjoyable.

While some dislike Sorata's character, I find him to be just fine and easy to relate to. It is already difficult enough for a guy to admit to his feelings towards a girl already, when the girl is a world class genius that shadows everyone else - even the bravest young man would lose his confidence and question his own worth.

Def a very strong contender for the romcom of the year: def a series I will recommend to others.