View Single Post
Old 2013-04-28, 04:01   Link #252
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But I want to see fireworks...
i don't know how does fireworks come into this topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
JudasMartel's English Dub Voices Review

THE HOT
+++++ Micah Solusod as Touma sounds freaking awesome, and as an added bonus, he doesn't have his trademark catchphrases anymore, and they were replaced by something even more awesome! I could have asked for JYB as Touma, asides that there's nothing else I could ask for.
+++++ The two other members of the Delta Force, Aogami and Tsuchimikado, especially the latter. I think they sounded really badass, and even better, they call Touma "Kami", which could translate to "God" for the imaginative!
+++++ Misha Croitsef aka Angel Gabriel. If anyone wants to sound like a real angel of God, they should sound like her.
++++ As mentioned above, Robert McCollum as Stiyl. He doesn't have any British accent here, though, but I guess that's asking for too much.
++++ English version of Kaori Kanzaki. Sounds like a true blue action girl to me.
+++ Monica Rial as Index. She sounded much cuter than Yuka Iguchi-san IMO, but as a result sounded more annoying as well. Can I say "Sandy Fox should have been Index" here?
+++ Brittney Karbowski as Mikoto is an odd case. While she sounds like a bratty teenager, it fits Mikoto because she IS a bratty teenager. Yeah, it's really like that.

THE NOT
++ Dubcelerator is a real downer. He doesn't sound as arrogant and ruthless as the original Japanese version. At least he could do it just fine, but as somebody said, it's a combination of the English dubber being a newbie and of Nobuhiko Okamoto-san being really that good.
++ The Misaka clones, including Last Order. While they got the syntax right, the intonation didn't sound right. The intonation was supposed to be placed after the end of the speech quotation, not at the end of the sentence. Moreover, the Misaka clones (except LO) didn't sound robotic (but they ain't robots, right?), while LO sounds too mature for her physical appearance. But at least I could enjoy LO saying "Misaka Misaka says!"

Spoiler for For example:

+ Kuroko Shirai, can you please sound a little bit more narcissistic?

Sorry, I haven't heard Kazakiri and Sherry Cromwell yet.
i beleive if they just remove touma usual catchphrase "such misfortune" and added something else then he would probably have even less haters but thats just a guess and i have to admit touma dub voice seems to really suit him(though sounds somewhat emo).
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote