View Single Post
Old 2013-05-31, 02:26   Link #5
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I have a feeling the next book would still be about the science side- one superficial reason is the cover page, I strongly believe that Kamachi intends to have the last two Lv 5s on it, meaning the story would involve them somehow and so it'll be a science side deal.

A stronger reasoning is that the whole Tsuchimikado thing is still left hanging- I don't think this is something that can be brushed aside or hidden away...
You know. I would really like to see that a lot more than seeing what happened with Othinus/Ollerus. Those two things can wait in my opinion. I mean, it isn't like it isn't interesting... I just don't want Tsuchimikado's position to be up in the air like you said. But since he is also part of the magic side, I don't see why he couldn't have gone somewhere to the magic side. You are probably right that he is in academy city though. Otherwise, Touma would hurt/kill Kaizumi and would find out about Seria (like he promised Kaizumi).

Kamachi might just do it to increase tension. Tsuchimikado might be in the mini Index SSS bundled with the railgun DVDs as well, right? This would be a good way for Kamachi to resolve that issue and proceed smoothly to the magic side in Volume 8. We really just have to wait and see.

But... I feel like the next thing in Academy City will involve Rikou in some shape or form. I feel like the Kiharas are never at rest. Maybe we might see a book that involves just #5 and #6 and maybe see at the end of the book Kiharas beginning plans to get Rikou (eventually, maybe book 8 or 9), but I also think it is likely that Kamachi will instead show #5 and #6 in Misaki's flashback in chapter 61. I mean we know that #5 knows the #6. So I don't see why #6 couldn't have been involved in her flashback at some point. I feel like there is a good chance of this especially after Kamachi giving us that false taste of the #6 in volume 7, just recently. Otherwise, I hope the #6 has an ability that has to do with magic so he is part of the magic side and we will see his involvement and Tsuchimikado's next volume. I'm really curious as to how everything is going to go. Good point though about the fact that publicly it will be revealed that Tsuchimikado has died... if it is revealed... would it be revealed? He's part of the dark side... why would his death be revealed? This would cause an investigation right? People will just think Tsuchimikado is missing like usual. It is completely possible Touma will go somewhere else for a volume or two, then come back, and then discover about this issue afterwards.

BTW can anyone direct me to the part that mentioned blowing up Kilauhuea. I feel like this is going to be the next issue that weighs on Touma's heart. I agree though with Rovert10 though that Touma's contradictions are pretty small at this point. However, this is the first time that Touma "killed" someone to save someone else. He kind of technically made Rensa #29 almost commit suicide in order to protect Yakumi by destroying her mechanical heart, because Rensa #29 didn't know about the back-up plan for Yakumi. Knowing this, Touma almost killed someone on purpose. This is a large contradiction, possibly a large enough contradiction that makes it almost impossible for things to go back to normal with everyone smiling in the end. I mean he destroyed the Rensa unit that the brains could have lived in... if he is keeping them in cryogenic storage... hm...

I would really appreciate it if events in the Daihasesai arc of the railgun manga directly affect future events and the present in the main light novels in a meaningful way. At this point, the events seem like they could have a large/significant correlation, so I am hopeful. I hope the railgun manga continues to bring interesting impacts on the main series.