Thread: Rwby
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-21, 04:15   Link #26
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
this is true but somehow the characters have a Japanese style or not this series is not an anime because it has not been produced in Japan but in the USA so it is not an anime
and so there should be no debate on this because what I said is so obvious ...
Well its actually not so obvious.

Let me try to apply your logic to Disney animation, which is obviously American and should be called cartoons.

But I actually know a fellow animator who worked in Japan, he didn't work on anime, instead he worked on "Winnie the Pooh and Friends" among other cartoons. Not sure if its a surprise to anyone, but yes Disney makes cartoons in Japan, and I don't think anyone would refer to any of these Japanese Disney animations as "anime".

The animation industry is more globalised than most people think. Alot of anime, be it films or games, have their work out sourced to places in South East Asia and Korea. In fact as much as two thirds of the world's animation production is made in Korea, its the world's largest animation sweatshop. Even the latest seasons of Cartoon Network's most popular "Adventure Time" has the main bulk of production processed there.

In this globalised world, where Hollywood movies, Disney animations are no longer made just in America, anime as well do not belong to just Japan.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote