View Single Post
Old 2013-08-07, 23:40   Link #379
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I don't really get why does Japan and most people shat on Shoko Sashinami's character so much they started to make some funny visual memes to mock of her? Shoko was a breath of fresh air compared to other genki girls and I don't see how they call her a retard (and I've been on /a/ for a long time) so I wonder why they did that.

I think Japan has nothing to do with this. Maybe it's the haters fault that they try to conditon people's mind and probably fabricate her as an unlikable character through any means. My brothers like her so much that for them she's the only amusing heroine in the series but Akira. :-) I am not Japanese, but I have a friend from Japan who supports her and is as well fangirling over her. She even bought any merchandise related to Shoko, she told me that she has a toy phone that looks like hers. Only haters would create such absurd memes that are not even funny, well, for them it is. They just did that out of animosity. Still I find others funny. Fans who are totally into her made those, I think.

All I know is that I have my biases. Unpredictable as she is, she has captured my heart. I, alone, am enough to pin their bitterness down. 100% Shoko here.