View Single Post
Old 2013-09-02, 15:53   Link #61
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The simple answer is popularity. Index isn't that popular enough to be license in english which is unlike railgun manga.

I know railgun manga is popular because I bought one when I visit hongkong and even in local store where I bought my manga. you can have a reservation for it.

I'm telling you. Its easier to sell characters that shows a lot of girls. Be it cute or sexy. Harem is in boon! and ecchi stuff are the current trend.

Let me ask you. In the current novel that are keep on showing up. Name a few novel that doesn't have ecchi and harem theme on it.

which is sad
I agree with you on that. Though I wouldn't need any of that to keep reading them myself

And you are right about that... I can't don't do well with browsing in cons because I don't like going just for moe stuff... or moe stuff much at all actually. I prefer Character development to moe stuff. Though... moe stuff + character development stuff is fine as long as their is a good story.

Index doesn't compromise the character development ever so I don't mind.

When I say character development: I mean letting us have a very vivid picture of a character and constantly revealing more details all of the time. I don't just mean having a character change over time.

Kamachi does both things and has his characters change slowly, but he also has great descriptions of who they are.

I understand that most people who read manga/ watch anime like cute moe girls... but in terms of SAO people liked that because of how badass the girl characters were right? Not because they were weak or whatever... SAO had good animation, a pretty good story, and just had a fascinating concept. From what I saw earlier, you didn't really like SAO but I rather liked it because it seemed like it was pretty different from other things I had seen before.

Index has a very different style from SAO and focuses on the details. SAO relies on the coolness factor to have its popularity.

Index in NT 7 kind of did just that... (a little bit).

SAO had a cool and amazing world... well Index has a larger, arguably cooler, and much more detailed world. Why wouldn't that be better and more appealing to the public? I feel like the reason SAO is popular should apply to Index as well. If you say it's because of the hot girl characters... then that means SAO is popular for a pretty stupid reason IMO.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote