View Single Post
Old 2013-12-21, 23:13   Link #12084
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Yes I agree. I just thought it would've made more sense plot-wise to involve all the other guilds too after Tempesta killed so many civilians, especially since it required several guilds to take down Oracion Seis. I like how Doranbolt has developed as a character and isn't afraid to break the rules for the greater good, and I'm glad that Cobra and the others are back, but I would've expected the other guilds to join the fight before breaking out the criminals.
They mentioned last chapter that they were contacting other guilds to help guard the other former council members they turned up. Presumably most of them will be too late as well, though we may get some clashes between Tartarus and some of the stronger guilds.
Quote:
From a dramatic point of view it would've made more impact (though cliche) if the new Oracion showed up when everyone else was defeated. I really like how Mashima doesn't drag out his fights, but in this case I would've liked to see him let the drama play out a little bit longer so he could get more people involved. That way he could play up Tartaros' strength a bit more instead of having them lose 1v1 brawls.
Eh, Oracion Seis showing up out of nowhere in that case without the release having been demonstrated would strike a lot of people as a deus ex machina. This way we know that they're out and about, capable of intervening.
Quote:
Tbh it kinda irked me that Laxus alone fought Tempesta to a stalemate, and Natsu outright defeated Jackal without any help from his team at all. I suppose I wanted FT to be the underdogs for once. I hope at least Gray and Juvia will have a good 2v1 fight, hopefully against Silver, and really hopeful that we'll finally see their unison raid.
Laxus stomped Tempester without getting scratched. Natsu barely defeated Jackal. The only reason that Laxus had a worse outcome was that Tempester had a better suicide move than Jackal.

On a different note, I'm guessing that the translator for MS didn't actually google Chamomile. That's an actual plant, used to make tea, that can help induce sleep:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamomile

It apparently derives it's name from greek for earth apple.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote