Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Akatsuki no Yona
View Single Post
Old 2014-10-09, 08:15   Link #52
Irisiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I was really surprised that the OP was solely instrumental. I don't think I've ever seen an anime with an instrumental OP before.
The Twelve Kingdoms say hi (red-haired girl is stripped of everything, learns to fight in a fantasy-historical world. If you haven't watched it, I can't recommend it enough). Oh, and Guin Saga as well (sheltered children have their kingdom attacked, their parents killed, go on the run and must learn to survive. Opening is by Nobuo Uematsu).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Edit: The one thing about Yona that did bug me in ep 1 was: she saw Soo-won kill her father and yet she'd still call out his name when she was about to get killed (under his order, as it seemed). It's ironic that Hak was the one who appeared to save her. I hope she will open her eyes soon and not continue to be blinded by foolish "love" - it will get annoying real fast if the heroine continues to waver despite the unforgivable crime he committed before her eyes.
I'm thinking that Yona hadn't really processed/believed what she saw when she called out. Give her a night's sleep and I think she'll process it. Whether or not she'll believe that Soo-won did it/did it out of his own free will is another thing.

So, anyone taking bets on Soo-won's motivation? I'm thinking that the earlier mentions of being surrounded by larger countries ("being pushed around by" I think was the gist of it?), the king being all "lets hope this peace continues" speech at the ceremony, combined with his inflexible pacifism (not even touching a bow for recreational purposes?), might suggest that Soo-won didn't have time to marry Yona and wait for the king to die, if the larger countries are stirring.

Or the king did lots of violence before Yona was born? Maybe he even got the throne at Soo-won's father's expense or something.

I just got the feeling that Soo-won aside, not everything is well with the Kingdom of Kouka.
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote