Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Akatsuki no Yona
View Single Post
Old 2014-10-09, 20:13   Link #57
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Also, is having distinctive red hair a new fad in historical Shoujo manga nowadays? I think the last 3-4 I've checked out have had the main character have red hair that nobody else has.
I've seen it a lot over the past few years so yeah it's a fad, it just happens mostly in the rarely-adapted shojo fantasy series so not many people know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
That's a possible explanation for Soo-won's motivation, but I don't think it explains why the king was so adamantly opposed to Yona marrying Soo-won. The king's opposition to Yona marrying Soo-won is just as big a mystery, IMO, as Soo-won's motivation. Perhaps bigger even. Soo-won may have taken the actions he did because he knew he had been rejected as a marriage candidate. If Yona hadn't witnessed the act, she would have automatically turned to Soo-won for comfort and support in her grief. The marriage between the two would have been a done deal, I think.
It's coming I swear, well kinda, even the manga is still vague on some of these details but I always got the impression that King Il knew about Soo Won's ambitions and opposed his marriage to Yona because of that. And to everyone saying he would have been a push-over, y'all do remember that the only person in the episode saying he was a coward was Yona and she isn't the most reliable character reference currently. :P
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote