View Single Post
Old 2015-04-01, 19:17   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As bizarre as it sounds first, I understand what Nintendo is trying to do with the JP version.
Note that a retail version of the game is cheaper than any usual retail game in their catalog, so I assume they made 2 versions with the possibility of "merging them" so people will pick whatever they want (not everyone would bother with every route).

I frankly think it is nowhere close to Pokemon syndrome since differences between 2 pokemon game within the same generation hardly involve such definite change of scenario and thus playable characters (which can be "solved" in Pokemon with trading). They pretty much offer more options to their audience as far as I see this.

Now the catch is: how will they deal with people using the download version? This one doesn't have a set path as you can select the nation you want to serve in the branching chapter (chap 6). Surely Nintendo should realize that some people might simply reset the save data to try the other route without spending the extra 1-2K yen for the other route.

In any case, I hope the decision will lead to drastic changes in the scenario, although the fact they claim a given route is a big as Awakening is quite engaging.