Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Cross Ange
View Single Post
Old 2015-09-05, 19:24   Link #4105
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Yeah, and we can't say if this and that character is in the same position, she will behave the same. I means background and past experiences create a character. If Salmandinary is set in Ange shoe, she will become a completely different character

But one thing we can be sure about is: Ange will not become someone like Sala if she still sit on her throne. She was too ignorant a figure head, who content with her life and just take in whatever being taught. Sala was opposite, who more willingly to go deep into the past to study from the ancient technology and culture, and always jump on the front life to lead the DRAGON race. Their difference is also clear on how open-minded the two were on treating Norma. One was going out of the way to try bridge the difference with her nemesis, another see them as low life beast that need to be looked down and eradicated
I know I'm necro-ing this, but Ange hadn't even entered the political arena yet, and so her worldview was appropriately limited. She only knew the "norma are sub-human" spiel, and none of the Arzenal/dragons/etc. stuff. Her line was more about investigating and eradicating the norma gene, as if it were curing cancer. All she knew at the time was that norma were quarantined for the good of the mana world, and that was that, all unfortunate sub-human dogma aside. She did fully intend on investing herself in political life from the sound of it, given that she would be away from Iaria for awhile. The main question is how far she would be able/allowed to get with her research, and whether she would have to worry about towing the line with Embryo (the catalyst being the discovery of the Vilkiss being a non-occurrence in this alternate probability line).

Ange evidently adapted into an impulsive mentality while at Arzenal to cope, as it was a dog-eat-dog existence there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
That's all under the bridge now, or rather, their grievances have to be put aside if they want to win. The Norma aren't innocent either; they considered dragons a way of gaining profit.
ETA long after, but profit strongly implies freedom of career options for one. Killing dragons was the only way to earn money to be able to get any sort of livelihood. Sure, they could earn more by killing more, but since normas were basically treated as slaves with aircraft treated as coffins (no safety), any luxuries were basically incentivized given that the baseline was always going to be a living hell. They killed because they were forced to by Embryo/Mana society at the top. Riza should have opened a portal over one of the Mana World areas, since an Arzenal attack would have triggered a red flag either way. Might as wekk target the real culprits, not the pawns/victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Concerning dirt on the DRAGON side, there's the high priestess. She wanted Sala to abandon those caught up in Embryo's time warp because she didn't want the Enryugou to get damaged. Sala also obliterated half of Arzenal, but Arzenal's been killing their kind for a good while now. Other than that, I think they deserve their good status. Their whole world got destroyed and they've been working together to clean it up and made peace. Whereas Embryo's screwing over countless people to make his "perfect" world.
Arzenal did it only under order of Mana Society. They should have targeted the Dawn Pillar and cut out the middleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaten View Post
This dude gets it.
This show would had been at least bearable if Salako was the lead. Even with the fanservice, Salako tries to do the most good in the situation despite her introduction. As much I hate this show, I'm now rooting for the dragons on getting Aura back and healing their world.
Ange and anyone who interacts with her holds the whole show back (i.e Salia). She is the worst thing ever. She starts as a vindictive, flip-flop, mary-sue, bigot, and now is a vindictive, flip-flop, mary-sue. No change what so ever. The only way to make her appear smart, is by making everyone else dumb.
Sorry, but as stated elsewhere, Ange has had plenty of reason to be vindictive. And yet she's been more merciful than rightfully expected of her. Sala had never ended up as deep in shit creek as Ange was. Remember Riza, the one indirectly responsible for her parents' deaths, getting her sent to Arzenal to die, being lured back to die on behalf of Julio, and opening the portal in ep. 11 leading to the dragons half-decimating Arzenal, which was merely a pawn of the Mana World? Ange never once raised a finger against her.

Last edited by azul120; 2016-04-14 at 18:37.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote