Thread: Licensed Akame ga kill [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2015-09-26, 12:56   Link #10229
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In the anime, I think she never look sad when the said random-fodder really deserved to die. But when she know the random fodder is pretty much innocent guards or soldiers (like Wave) she sound a bit sad (but still fully composed). So, I don’t see any inconsistency of anime-Akame here. After all, in the anime, she coudln’t hold it and broke down after a few minutes. I personally wouldn’t make such a big deal whether she broke down instantly or within minutes. Especially if the said “minutes” are used to talk to Wave waiting for him to leave carying Kurome's body, and thus she need to keep her composure (imagine if she was bawling in front of Wave of all people. Do you want that? ). So yeah, everything still makes sense in the anime.
Well, what Akame does in the anime probably makes sense for the anime itself. But the manga developed Akame differently. It made her a bit more emotional. They also fleshed out her relationship with Kurome a bit more (especially if we take Zero into account). So for the manga Takahiro should defiantly go for a bigger reaction.

In fact, I doubt manga Akame would just hand Kurome's body to Wave. She probably would take it and bury it herself.