View Single Post
Old 2016-08-03, 23:17   Link #130
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I never said you couldn't like it and I certainly didn't mention anything about soending money, my post was about me making my own opinions without the need of some reviewer telling me or advicing me whether it was good or bad, I saw them only on the fact that I was interested in them and wheteher I liked it ir not could wait until after I made my own opinion and I could care less about the money I spent watching it. I have bought horrible games for far more for the exact same reason and it never bothered me.

I like to watch reviews but just because they say not to watch it or play it it doesn't mean I won't or I don't have to, I still do as I please. If you want to watch something then just watch it don't wait for the opinions of someone on the internet or on some paper, you might be missing on stuff that you might end up liking just for following what some other person says or you might not like it, only you will know in the end. Of course it also helps to to not be an elitist when it comes to doing stuff, it makes life so much easier.
If only I can be as carefree as you about spending money for everything that I consider interesting

There’s also the issue of “audiences vote with their wallets”. If I think WB/DC churn out bad movies, I don’t want to support them for it. And I’m glad I didn’t support the ticket sales of MOS & BvS. But I’m considering buying BvS Blu-ray simply because it was a better movie than what they released in theaters.

For interesting movies that get trashed by my trusted critics and friends, I will still watch them and form my own opinions on them, but I’ll do it later on when it’s less money-consuming (like when they’re available for stream and rent, or just wait them air on TV ).