Thread: Crunchyroll Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjō
View Single Post
Old 2018-07-25, 10:51   Link #38
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Maybe I need to go and re-watch, but I thought the episode implied if not outright stated that sensei practically gave his wife to the secretary because he'd saved his life?

Edit: Opps, I probably should have refreshed the page before typing up my comment, but my understanding/interpretation as you will was similar to yours LKK. Although, I'm not sure if the wife was unwilling or just embarrassed about the whole thing and clearly didn't want her sons to know, what the three adults had gotten up to.
You can't "give" a spouse to another person. In other words, his wife was also in on the arrangement. The guy had feeling for the wife and a bastard child was produced in the process imo. The wife didn't want that to come out so all the expensive scrolls (fakes in reality-thank goodness) got burned to cover her past indiscretion. She didn't get one penny of an inheritance.

One of the 2 brothers was pissed.

Now of all the things to tell a kid after you die. "Hey, you're not my kid. Your dad is my secretary." Imagine now what the remaining 2 "legitimate" heirs are going to do.

Last edited by orion; 2018-07-25 at 11:16.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote