Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll My Hero Academia Season 3
View Single Post
Old 2018-07-29, 20:38   Link #533
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
You are missing the point. She is naked. This is established in-universe by dialogue and shown clearly enough in the manga. Your opinion about it doesn't matter because it has been confirmed by canon that she is naked. Thus, the white bodysuit-like coloring over her body is censorship. Why they decided to add that effect, I don't know: I assume because they're overreactive and stupid. That doesn't change the fact that they chose not to make her look naked despite it being officially established that she is.

As for how it would look without that effect, here's someone's low-res attempt to show what it should look like. (NSFW) Your mileage may vary, but in the end your opinion doesn't matter. Someone decided to censor this scene, and not the bath scene earlier. For whatever reason they decided this scene was worse. That is a fact, which supercedes any opinions you might have about how sexual or not this actually looks.
I'm not saying there was no censorship, I'm just saying that I do not understand all this confusion and criticizes for something so small that it has been changed. Just that, this psychotic obsession that some fans has to want everything to be extremely equal to the original source scares me sometimes, just that.

If only it were something like changing the story of how Todoroki got his scar or cut off all the abuse scenes that his father made his mother suffer. Okay, that's important to the story, but what happened to Camie is something very insignificant, but this is in my opinion, I do not doubt to find in some place reviews of how the anime is horrible and Bones is one of the worst studies created because of it.

Quote:
It airs on family prime time, not past midnight like other shows that actually go down the risque line. Plus the target demographic for this show is intended to go past the Otaku base, covering both kids and general population that might not be as tolerant to fan service, even censored.

disclaimer: I'm not saying whether this is right or wrong, I'm just stating the most probable reason.

If that were the reason, this scene would not exist:

Spoiler for scene nudity:

and Nanatsu no Taizai would also not be displayed in the morning.

Japan has always had censorship standards difficult to understand, just remember One Piece that allows for several things equal to the manga and Reborn that censored everything.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote