View Single Post
Old 2021-02-07, 20:08   Link #452
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hah, look at my comment attracting many attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
They're second cousins, which is deemed legal to marry in most countries even today. I guess you'd consider practically every village until the early 1900s to be an incest heap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Seriously, shouldn't make an issue of them being cousins. For one thing, they don't seem to be first cousins, and even second cousins have very little to no risk at all, unless their family has a history of cousin marriage or something. On top of that, cousin marriage is still legal in Japan, and most of America as well, and really I've only seen maybe two or three series total where that relation had any impact on the characters' romantic interest. In fact, I've only seen it mentioned as an issue in one series. Overall, I'd say it's just something that a very large portion of the population continues to see as a non-issue.
First, I never said "incest" in my comment. Second, why did you suddenly jumped straight to talking about cousin marriage? Jeez....

If you like cousin marriage that much, no one is stopping you. As for me, I don't like it. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Why am I suddenly thinking of Suguha from SAO ?
Exactly.

Quote:
He didn't explicitly say he wanted at Ghislaine again like he did with Lilia (not that I would be surprised if he did), just that he doesn't want Rudy going after one of his former conquests. But Eris is open season .
The implication of his letter is right there. Paul still wants to bang her, Zenith be damned.

Quote:
I think Eris needed to be knocked down a peg and learn that it's not right to attack people like she attacked Rudy...but I don't think she deserved getting beaten to that extent during a very real kidnapping .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
She's not even 10, dude. She deserve to get her ass spanked and be sent to her room without sweets not getting broken ribs and have teeth knocked out of her mouth. Also they are practically unrelated.
The world is not perfect. If getting roughed up (then healed later) is what it takes to make her into a better person then I'll take it.

Rudy said it himself (and her dad acknowledged) that she's not the type to learn her lesson from just spanking.