View Single Post
Old 2022-10-13, 18:17   Link #10
Lord C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Anime adaptation? And I'm embarrassed to say the time traveling shenanigans was lost on me. So the woman used the time machine and warned the detective, which allowed Crimson Robe and midget to go back and save the sorcerer race?
I didn't understand exactly if she did indeed use the Time Machine herself once. As if she did so, returning back in time would mean returning to a point Icarus would still be alive for the final fight.
I think the Sorcerer trio woke up. Even Crimson Robe that had his neck broken had survived in the end. Robe and the Midget are the ones that go back in time and eventually send a letter to the Detective explaining everything that happened. The new timeline is much more ''normal'' as it's shown they erased the memory of the russian scientist that discovers magic, so the new society never develops and mass produces magic technology.
Robe and Midget beat down Icarus and Chris in the past to take the relics for good measure and start working on the background taking down the Sun and helping the citizens of the new timeline get their happy endings like Luna meeting her family. Sorcerers are never purged out but their society stays distant from humanity.
Aside some exceptions like Chris still becoming a video game developer.

Also, instagram link of the new adaptation: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjbHWrUvmV8/