View Single Post
Old 2006-11-19, 18:46   Link #13
JediNight
キズランダム

End of this episode: Oh shi~! =D

Very cute interactions happening between Shouko and Karada when making the cake. Shouko tries her best to help, but it's obvious that she has had almost zero cooking experience before. Makes you wonder just what kind of family she came from -- if she can afford that apartment, and school in the US then I assume its more well-to-do, so maybe her mother never cooked. Nice save by Karada in finding a way to arrange the strawberry slices lol...

Since I haven't seen it elaborated on here:
Kotomi says that people think that it's a prank someone pulled -- replacing the wishing stone with charcoal. Since legend has it that a wish being granted causes the stone to turn to charcoal, although she has never heard of one being granted before.

Shouko is very childish at heart, even if she won't admit it. The original spiteful remarks at chibi-Karada in Ep1, her obvious enjoyment of the day playing a couple eps ago, and now her "I helped too!" gloating over making the cake. Cute stuff.

I don't think she intentionally brought the picture over. It just happened to be in one of her books from school when she moved. Karada says in the preview that she always knew this day would come that she would have to go out on her own, and now she has to find a place for herself. It's one of those well-meaning decisions that she doesn't realize will just cause them more grief over her running away because of them, and now they will have to search for her.

I assume she took Shouko's wallet with her, and at the very least they could track her if she used any checks or the credit card.