View Single Post
Old 2007-02-27, 02:05   Link #315
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
That is crap. Don't accuse me of something I didn't say. I never said the local company was to blame. I clearly said:

If it was the original author of the light novels that makes no difference to me. (Note use of WHOEVER above).

I understand that there were reasons that the company releasing the discs stateside couldn't do it, but the cause was a human being's stupid decision. The fact that that decision wasn't made by someone in the corporation releasing the discs in America doesn't change the fact as I see it. It is my belief that the series makes a better impression in the "broadcast" order. You can disagree with that if you like, but assuming that is true, the person who decided that the series must be presented in an inferior format is making the Suzumiya franchise suffer, for the reasons I stated above.

You can argue that the series is better with the "regular" episode sequencing, but that is completely different matter.

Again, I understand that Bandai or whoever tried their best and were denied by "contractual obligations". Kudos to Bandai! But I still say the person who made the decision that caused this whole nonsense was not acting in the best interests of the franchise. If it was the original author, that means shooting himself in the foot in order to satisfy his own ego.
Ok here's what you do. You put the DVD in and select the episode you want to see next. Done. If it were a VHS, then it might be a hassle, but its not. I really am at a loss to see why it matters at all other than the disc has a different layout in the menu. YOU are in control, you can even create your own order if you want since it was random to begin with, it would be no different. This is basically a non-issue in every conceivable way. Just to check, you do know how a DVD player works right?