View Single Post
Old 2007-03-02, 18:04   Link #64
wao
OK.

I sure hope it has too. I've bitten the bait, but I would really, really like to see other things of substance in it too. I won't hope too hard though, I was sort of disappointed by Eureka 7 (yeah the show everybody likes a lot, blasphemy, etc.) But I watched it through the end anyway and still think it was above average, so I'm quite sure I can watch through all of this...

I liked the touch in the trailer where they had made The Wall look like the sky, and earlier when Kirihara said something about how "it's hard to imagine what the place was like without it [the wall]". Would I be being too hopeful if we get to see insights of people regarding the effect on having The Wall/The Zone (lol) creeping into people's lives, or should I just expect lots of fun and action and leave it at that...

And well, I guess I could say not all of the animation was superawesome or what, especially the bits with glowing guys rising up (was a bit tacky), but like MrProphet said it's encouraging to know that they can do it this well.
At least this definitely feels like it can go much further than Ayakashi Ayashi (which I think must have been the definition of 地味 itself - not that that's necessarily a bad thing though).
There's also what I said about Yutaka Nakamura, I guess... I have a feeling this really would outshadow Skullman because I think it's got a director who's more likely to attract the better animators, should they have a choice between the two.

I suppose this is running for 26 episodes? Or 13? I can't remember what those rumours/spoilers/whatever for Geass said about its 2-season structure; whether there was a gap of one or two seasons in between the first and second part.

And I can still view the thing, normally I get blocked by the silly DRM licenses but it worked fine this time

I had said it works only in IE because I stupidly trusted the "Viewing REquirements" thing they had on teh site, which said 1. IE 5.5 and above, 2. Windows 2K or XP, 3. Flash 6 and WMP 7.1 and above, but seeing MrP got it to work in Firefox...
I can't actually load the page properly in Firefox (it adamantly says "Your PC does not meet the requirements"), however when I load the .asx linked by Sonhex earlier (which is here), it loads quite fine.