View Single Post
Old 2007-03-21, 00:32   Link #470
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I have maybe a couple

Sokou No Strain: AIIIIIIEEE... Oh wait false alarm, I haven't been lynched yet. the reason why is that I felt they completely botched the most important part of the series, that being Ralph's development and motivations and Sara and the other characters interactions, which were at best forced along a predetermined course that looped around a couple times.

Shuffle! Aside from the all but unbearable soundtrack and goofy scripts for each episode I could swear Liathansius (sp?) and Nerine were the exact same character only with different hair colour and neither were written too well. I basically finished this one up by Wiki plot summaries and Episode Summaries. Two redeeming values are Kaede's arc and Primula.

Gundam Seed Destiny The first experience I have ever had with a series that consisted of mostly flashbacks to Seed with random narration often loosely fitting the images on screen, and a clip show every 8 or so episodes that resulted in having to view all the flashbacks yet again. If Fukuda and the Wife wanted to kill my favourite franchise they came as close as anybody will probably ever come.

God Mars This is honestly one of the most boring and repetitive Super Robot Series I think I have ever seen and it makes Getter Robo and Mazinger Z look fresh with each episode by comparsion. That and a lot of scenes are animated merely with sliding frames or stills to show off the special moves. No wonder they were able to stretch it out so darn long eh. It's probably the only robot series I've ever gotten bored with so quickly. The most criminal aspect though is that it has the potential to be one of the most interesting robot series of the 80's with the story of Takeru and Marg, The Space Arc and The Cosmo Teams trust in Takeru, but they insisted on squandering it with that darn monster of the week formula again.

That's about all the wit and spite I can come up with for a couple of my most reviled series.