View Single Post
Old 2007-04-09, 14:34   Link #41
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKiWi View Post
I need to clarify, is Shakugan no Shana Seinen or Shounen? I can sense that its Shounen myself, but the wikipedia entry states that it is Seinen.
Then someone should correct that entry.

Let me say this one more time, this time I'll go a little more with explanation:

MediaWorks started a lablel for boys* in 1993, this label is titled Dengeki Bunko, and whats published under this label are light novels, hence its a shounen muke light novel label, meaning: a light novel label for boys.

Every month lots of light novels are published by MediaWorks under the Dengeki Bunko label, all of these light novels are aimed at boys.

Anything published under the Dengeki Bunko label is aimed at boys, be it fantasy light novel, action light novel, romance light novel, comedy light novel, or whatever.

Shakugan no SHANA was published under the Dengeki Bunko label, hence its a shounen light novel (a light novel for boys).

Here are a list (as small as it is right now) of shounen light novels that got published under the shounen label Dengeki Bunko:
http://comipedia.com/light-novel-label/dengeki-bunko

Be it: Inukami!, Kino no Tabi, Shinigami no Ballad, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, ... these are light novels published under the Dengeki Bunko label and aimed at boys.

==========

How do I know if its a light novel for boys from MediaWorks ???

Well, you check the cover of the light novel, and if it has the Dengeki Bunko label on it, then its a light novel for boys thats published by MediaWorks.

For example, lets look at the first light novel of Shakugan no SHANA: here in this link.

Do you see whats on the right corner of the cover?

This:

= Dengeki Bunko

Yes the above is the Dengeki Bunko label, and so this light novel is a shounen light novel (a light novel for boys).

==========

What about light novels for females? Shoujo light novels? well there are female oriented light novels, but these light novels are published under labels for females. Dengeki Bunko is not a label for females, anything published under the Dengeki Bunko label, whatever it is, is aimed at males (more accurately: aimed at boys).

MediaWorks: the publisher of the Dengeki Bunko label.

* for boys = aimed at boys.