View Single Post
Old 2007-05-30, 11:44   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Day Two of the "orwellian erasure" of KnJ
No official response from SevenSeas. This has piqued a broad spectrum of my "jeffersonian/ACLU/witchburning" flags so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

There were some peripheral remarks made on Aoi Notes by the gomanga forum admin but they were a bit cryptic:
Quote:
Tuesday was one seriously long day around the Seven Seas offices. Between editing Tetragrammaton Labyrinth Vol. 2 and dealing with this Kodomo no Jikan business, it's really no wonder my nerves are shot right now. I know there are probably some people reading today's Aoi Notes hoping for some insight, but it's really not my place to comment on Nymphet's cancellation.

From a personal standpoint, I do want to say that my team and I put a lot of effort into making sure our release of that first volume of Kodomo no Jikan was the best it could be. We even sent it back to be completely relettered at one point because we weren't totally satisfied with how it looked. So for me, it is sad knowing that the book won't find a home on my Seven Seas bookshelf, but there are very valid reasons for why.

I would like to ask that people remain civil and to please stop blaming Anime News Network. They're not at fault here.
1) It says there were valid reasons but none were given.
2) The word "cancellation" is used but it doesn't say if it's permament nor does it say whether they're dropping the license.
3) It says ANN is not to blame.... but since that site was a prime instigator in the affair and they were purposely distorting information, some rationale is necessary NOT to put blame. I do not buy the statement "Mistakes were made" as a blame diffusor.

More information as it arrives but really, SevenSeas needs to say something. Frankly I'd be disappointed but would quite understand if their vendors all took off like terrified rabbits because of any "lolita" whiff. At least I'd know to loathe the vendors for being completely inconsistent in their policy as they sell all sorts of other significantly more troublesome things

I'd go see what ANN is saying but I hate giving them any opportunity to increase their ad-views.