View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 07:31   Link #220
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Unfortunately, this still doesn't prove your 'spirit/soul/linker/watachamacallit damage' claim (as I never denied the existece of the magical damage term, I just found magical damage and physical damage to have the same result, namely physical injury).

After all, this was the chapter ThisGuy was reffering to (Note Hayate explaining the rules about none lethal attacks in the bottom right frame):

and this was the result:

Now, you try and explain to me why all those people are charred and dirty, or what all that rubble is doing there if the attacks were supposed to be non-physical.

Seems like my claim about down-powering your attacks is far more likely.
Three possible answers and two relative questions. You may take your pick.

Here goes:

I was under the impression that the clashing S-ranked attacks far surpassed the pre-set parameters of the training room and caused a major breakdown in the equipment, which leads to explosion.

OR

When did they say that physical damage are prohibited in the match? Hayate said non-lethal and not non-physical. Signum, Vita and the others wouldn't fit in, otherwise.

OR

It was just a case of the producers not thinking as far ahead as us.

OR

We could always bring up the issue of why did the water gushed upward when Nanoha fired a purely magic damage Starlight Breaker on Fate during S1?

OR

Why wasn't there a scratch on Uminari City after Reinforce 1 fired off her Starlight Breaker?

Basically, we're only arguing ourselves into a corner and out of it later.

Personally, I think the concepts of the several types of damages are not as well thought out by the producers, so there are several noticeable plot holes that can be seen if you look closely enough.

Like I said, this isn't STAR WARS.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2