View Single Post
Old 2007-08-20, 22:39   Link #49
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I thought the Anime Ono came across as especially gay... perhaps they've finally realize that the only glaring hole for L*S for total and utter otaku domnation was the lack of a BL pair; we have a short, ugly guy called Shiraishi playing solo for 19 weeks now. So Now they've figure out that they've need TWO guys to make a YAOI fantasy, so they've brought out the seiyuu of everyone's favorite ambiguously gay chara, "Make it like a Tree" Itsuki. Oh brilliance... now even BL Day in future COMIKET will have Lucky Star presence.

So the big (fujoshi) question is, who's seme and who's uke? Please refer to this blog post from one of my favorite blogs for terminology reference.

I think some may think Shiraishi is automatically seme, being so dorky and, well, MALE. From this angle I conclude that Shiraishi is へたれ攻め (hetare-zeme); or a seme who is reluctant or hopeless. If Ono is uke, then he is surely オレ様受け(ore-sama-uke), or an uke who's quite arrogant and narcissistic. I can see Ono call himself Ore-sama. If the role is reversed, I can see Ono being a 鬼畜攻め (kichiku-zeme), or a cold, perverted, brutal seme, while Shiraishi being just a regular, Shota-like uke.

Well either way, Hiroyi must be a happy camper. She gets Yuri AND Yaoi in the same show.