View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 18:05   Link #56
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I don't know... I think being yourself is generally good policy. If you're someone else, and someone makes friends with you, then actually they're not making friends with the real you, are they? Not much point in having them as friends (in terms of conversation). Also, carrying a charade of "being someone else" is quite stressful too. You have to live a life of biting your tongue, all day every day.

That said, there are situations where you shouldn't "be yourself", say, Job Interviews:

"I like to spend all day playing video games and watching anime, while avoiding work of any kind..."

"Right..."
It is a good policy, though a lot of people that you must interact with aren't here to be your friends, as the amount of fucks one can give are limited, and well, to many, they have to go about their own ways and you are just there. Of course people that are your friends must learn to accept you for who they are, but honestly, a lot of people are just unable to grasp true acceptance of someone especially if they don't fit social norms too easily.

It is nice to talk about freedom, but in order for things to go more orderly, concessions have to be made since other people aren't likely to make way just for you. Unless you are 1.) totally awesome 2.) Manipulative 3.) Or just have a generally likable personality for many .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Ha ha! Good one!

Well, since we're talking magical girls here...

Madoka - Slight extrovert

Homura - Introvert

Kyouko - A tough one. She's a definite loner but she's eager to speak her mind. Hhhmmm... I'm going to go with slight introvert. But I could be way off here.

Mami - Slight extrovert

Vita - Extrovert

Signum - Slight introvert

Yuuno - Slight extrovert

Subaru - Extrovert

Teana - Introvert

Precia Testarossa - Introvert

Jail Scaglietti - Extrovert. The guy clearly loves company given what he creates.

What do you think, Archon?
Take this test: http://psychology-tools.com/myers-br...ype-indicator/

Well, I would say that you're the only one that makes Jail an entertaining character to me, lol.

The rest is right, though Madoka is actually a fairly interesting case.

Quote:
Given that you strike me as almost never failing to be yourself, I find this very ironic coming from you.
Well I think the whole term got sorta co-opted. Sorta like how hipsters try to be nonconformist.... by conforming to something else. Though my thought is that many preach tolerance but fewer manage to actually do it leading to more reservations.

Although I would say that being yourself is something that just happens and doesn't have to be said. If someone has trouble being themselves then there are other issues otherwise they would have done that already. Basically it wouldn't even have been an issue in the first place thus dispensing said advice is useless to people that actually need it. It's also harder for some people to be themselves depending on what it is, due to acceptance. I mean what's our common joke about writers like Mari Okada anyways?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote