Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-09, 00:25   Link #875
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
brocko: Isn't there an ongoing "controversy" about how the police's breakup methods like using "tear gas" *cough* can cause mass injuries that somehow happens the most among the PAD's security forces that were defending the rallies?
haha i take it you've been listening in on it too aye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I'd personally advise you against taking the PAD's side though. In a fair Democracy it's supposed to be one head-one vote, not my interest is more important than your interest so let's carry out a coup d'etat every decade or so. I myself was rather disgusted with the coup d'etat even if Thaksin was trying to play Ferdinand Marcos with the whole nation.

And like almost all mass movements, though the PAD's common rally participant might be genuinely convinced he or she is defending Democracy, the leadership is really just a pack of hyena scums. What's the alternative between a corrupt government and a corrupt wants-to-be-government though? Yet another royal intervention? I'm sick of that too no matter how much Thai people love their precious King. Another coup? The military can fucking go to hell.
Advise taken and you do make rather good points. I just wish this whole fucking thing would end already. I seriously hate it when I see the country going through such turmoil...

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.