View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 20:40   Link #92
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Technically and realistically just "Aiming" doesn't make you a good shot, especially with a freaking Anti-Tank Riffle. There's a lot of math that needs to be taken considered when taking a shot, wind pressure, bullet velocity, and stuff like that. So far as we know, Suou is a complete amateur though we have no idea on how she will develop in a combat role. Modern day snipers are often teams of two and there is no romantic lone sniper as many people would think. But I do expect Hei will play excellent combat support when/if there are situations when she has to take a delicate shot. But I'm not holding my breath

But of course, this is a fictional story and reality was tossed out of the window long ago so who knows with Suou being a good shooter.
You also have to wonder at just what she'll be shooting at. It's not like she can whip it out and gun down someone with it, her rifle needs time to set up and she'll obviously need to conceal herself before firing. Take, too, into account the fact that she's traveling around Russia, and chances are, she'll be hunting someone, rather than being chased.

I can see Hei helping her get to her destination, protecting her with his ninja skills while she goes to kill whoever it is she's out to get.