View Single Post
Old 2004-12-05, 07:22   Link #274
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

I think they're keeping admirably to the story and spirit of the books, while of course having the unique twists of plot and character. Plus I love the character designs here - a little over-the-top, but in a way suited to the overall aesthetic. I also like Maximilliam a lot more here than I did in the book.

As for the masturbation scene - it can be a combination of factors: the count, the situation, the possibilities he's created. All that contained quite elegantly in something so inelegant. Very well-done.

Episode 8 was the best in a little while, I thought. Just to remind us how naive and pure young Albert is, and how easily the Count manipulates him.

24 seems to be enough episodes to tell the story well, and so far the pace has been unhurried.

Since everyone seems to be listing their current anime, here's what I'm watching:

Gankutsuou, Monster, Fantastic Children, Gakuen Alice, Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu, Beck, Bleach, Mai-HiMe, Rozen Maiden, Harukanaru Toki no Naka De Hachiyoushou, Maria-sama Ga Miteru ~Haru, and as ever, Naruto and One Piece.

Cor, that's more than I thought. AND I'm about to start Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and that Otogisushi one...