View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 10:02   Link #15
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yep totally agree with Soloman, you can't call Superhero anime a trend since firstly, T&B aside they're all going to flop, and secondly Heroman and the Marvel shows are obviously not primarily aimed at Japanese audiences. Tiger and Bunny's success is more due to fujoshis jumping on it like a thirsty man in the desert would jump on water. Sacred Seven's Amazon Japan ranking atm is #367 (and way behind the other 3 shows I've seen on Amazon from this season) after two episodes, whereas in the same timeframe T&B was @ #7.

As far as Madoka and the magical girl genre.. well it was a deconstruction of one.. it would be hard to do another show in a similar vein let alone enough to start a trend.

Anyway I think the biggest trend that will happen over the next few years is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I doubt that will ever become a trend, unless Japanese anime producers are just a bunch of peabrains who already forgot what happened last decade when GONZO tried it.

Current trends running: tourist anime, anime originals, yuri, loli security.
  • I think anime originals might be a trend worth following more closely, although the upcoming Fall season looks to be another sequel paradise, which happens every few seasons.
Mainly because they have mined the Light Novel stocks as much as possible... Hagani is the last big one left and it goes into being an anime @ a much higher popularity level than it's predecessors.. Most big manga series have already been done as well... Looking @ the Top 20 selling Manga series for the first half of 2011 only 3 haven't been adapted yet... Shingeki no Kyojin (this is the next big thing in manga), Saint Oniisan and Kuroko.

Also the majority of the best selling anime of all time are also made up of Original Anime. Looking @ the Top 10 selling series.. only Bake (#3) and Dragonball GT (#7) are not original anime... (I know GT isn't based on any manga,,,)

Looking @ this year the 4 best selling shows are Madoka, AnoHana, Infinite Stratos and Tiger & Bunny. 3 out of the 4 are originals and T&B may overtake IS to make the Top 3 original productions. Fall Season looks like having at least 4 high profile original anime shows in Gundam AGE, Last Exile 2, UnGo and Guilty Crown as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote