View Single Post
Old 2014-11-21, 05:10   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubo666 View Post
Or it's possible they are letting Kamui do as he pleases because they most likely find the whole case to be intriguing, do remember at any moment, Akane could spill the beans and tell society Sibyl's true identity, which could potentially ruin their entire system. However they told Akane their identity just simply because they find her fascinating/intriguing and believe her assistance can help them to evolve. The same could be said about Kamui's case.
Sibyl having a master plan and manipulating everybody is the only way to save this season. It's a definite possibility, but I'm doubting it for a few reasons:

- They want Akane to kill Kamui. They didn't specifically tell her to do the job, they said it would have been ok to let Togane shoot as well. Anybody is fine as long as they get rid of Kamui. I think they're very much afraid of him and what he can reveal about the plane crash (there's definitely going to be a major reveal about that). He represents a major threat and they want him gone ASAP.

- They recruited Togane presumably to get rid of Akane. She's a security risk since she knows their true identity, so they want her gone. The other interpretation being that that they want to test her to see if she's a good candidate to be added to Sibyl, but I don't subscribe to it yet.

- If they were playing Akane, I think there would have been a hint. Like Kasei cracking a smile after Akane left. Instead, she looked apathetic and perhaps even displeased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Another possibility is that Sibyl already knew/suspected that they were up against more than just one man here, and they want to catch the entire organization in one big push and not just Kamui alone. If Akane had captured/killed Kamui last episode, then that might ruin Sybil's chance to get Kamui's entire organization. If Kamui is dead, he can't be interrogated. But even interrogating him is no sure thing when it comes to capturing Kamui's full organization, as Kamui might simply refuse to talk.

So perhaps Sibyl is sort of enabling Kamui to make getaways, hoping that all of this chasing around might produce some new leads for Akane. Then it's hoped that these leads might help Akane dig deeper and get most/all of Kamui's full organization.
They don't want to capture Kamui, so that can't be it. They pretty much outright said they want him dead and encouraged Akane to do what is necessary. They wouldn't have said if they wanted him alive. Togane killing him last week would have been a perfectly good outcome. If they wanted to capture his entire organization, they would have told Akane to bring him in alive from the get go, no matter how unreasonable a request it might be.

Kamui's accomplices don't seem to matter anyway. They're just pawns.