View Single Post
Old 2009-03-16, 07:26   Link #26
GreenLama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Actually saturday morning died at the end of the 90s, when cable toons out rated broadcast toons.

Wiether new cartoons are better now or not is subjective. I give a rousing NO to that, cause budgets are lower, less innovative ideas are being bought and developed plus, as a 21 year old it gets harder and harder to aquaint myself with the consistently low standards of american television animation these days.

In fact the only reason kids anime seemed (and still does kinda) so cool is cause it had ass loads of violence (more than we were used to) plus actual story
While I do agree that satAM cartoons were better in the 80's and early 90's, there is still good stuff to be had these days. Ever watch Huntik or Chaotic Marillion Invasion on CW4Kids? Huntik is amazing in both story and animation, and Chaotic MI is a fun show, or how about Ben 10: Alien Force or Batman The Brave and the Bold? Even though Ben 10 and Batman are re-runs from the Friday night lineup they are still very good.

While the days of good TMNT, He-Man, Thundercats, GI Joe, Transformers, Spider-Man, The Tick, X-Men and other classics are over, there are plenty of good toons to still be had, I guess you just got to have an open mind to them.
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote