Thread: Licensed Kaichou wa Maid-sama [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-25, 08:13   Link #44
Sol Falling

I recently discovered this. It's quite good; the romance reminds me of Special A, but faster paced, which is just right for my tastes. There've been quite a number of really cute romance scenes in the latest dozen chapters or so; 39 was just incredible. I must say, I really enjoy the character archetype that Usui and Kei (from Special A) represent as they embody in my opinion what it really means to be a man (lol, at least in the context of women).

Anyway: hmm, an anime; sound's interesting. And on Usui's family: somehow, I don't really get an impression that Usui is really estranged from them. He only moved out in the beginning of high school, and he's obviously not paying his rent himself; I don't think he has some sort of traumatic family history or something. Rather, the things that intrigue me about Usui are mainly the emptiness of his apartment and (I'm guessing) his actual lack of friends. There's something existential about the stark emptiness of Usui's life without Misaki, and I think it is this great singularity in his resulting character that appeals him to my romantic sense.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote