View Single Post
Old 2009-12-10, 07:46   Link #4358
Graskell
invisible man

I see no reason to think that Rosa's letter was read at dinner. The cousins were sent to the guesthouse because the adults had started arguing about Skirt!Beatrice and it looked like it might get ugly. No letter is mentioned at all during the scene even though it seems like it would be exactly the sort of information they would be looking for. Rosa instead suggests that they ask Genji about it and the cousins leave just as he arrives.

The next day a letter matching the one read in the first arc is found at the scene of the first twilight. I would have to reread the scene but I don't think it was said whether or not it was still sealed. We are lead to assume that this is the letter that Rosa received earlier, but that is just an assumption.

In fact, how do we even know that Rosa had a letter in the first place? We know Maria did because she bragged about it (and later pitched a fit over the same), but all the scenes about Rosa's letter take place outside of battler's perspective. It seems unlikely that Maria mentioned it to anyone because then they would have been asking Rosa about it when the whole Skirt!Beatrice thing came up at dinner. Yet no one did. The last time we hear about the letter is when Rosa tries to open it but Maria stops her, so it's not like Maria doesn't know about it. And yet...she never mentioned it to anyone? I'm missing something here I just know it.
Graskell is offline   Reply With Quote