View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 07:00   Link #1623
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Saimoe 2012 is really turning into a Saimoe 2011. I didn't really like Saimoe 2011 (and this is coming from a huge Madoka fan) since I like variety. I like having different factions and not a "really strong faction" and an "anti-of the really strong faction". The thing with this is, the more the Saki faction starts owning Saimoe and turning this into Sakimoe, the more that this is tournament is turning into just another Saki poll which this tournament really isn't. I really think the strict IP bans is the cause of this lack of diversity. Saimoe is getting so self-centered and closed that fresh air won't come in anymore (even though Madoka was a new series last year, I never felt any sort of fresh air coming in). The voters left might just be Saki fans in the end.

I think Saimoe 2010 is still the best Saimoe in terms of the variety of characters represented in the Top 8 (of course I'm talking post 2007 era) and while it ended up being a K-ON VS Rie fanfare, it was very interesting all throughout.
They're going to have to open up the tournament to make it fair and proper. And perhaps, more legit.

Is it Monday yet?
(for those of you who don't watch MNF, you won't get the joke.)

Spoiler for HANDBAGS!:

Meanwhile, Yayoi is picking things up a bit, but this race is still too close to call.