Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-12, 11:42   Link #26386
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Also, unless you're willing to fly over there, pick up a rifle and join the fight, I wouldn't be so quick in calling for other people to die to satisfy your need to punish the DPRK.
In fact, I would grab a rifle and put most of that scum out of their misery if I receive orders tomorrow. That kind of regime has no viable reason to exist and only deserves to be torn to shreds by all means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Those who think that ROKA is outnumbered is looking at the wrong numbers.

- KPA has a nominal conscription length of 3~5 years, but effectively 10 years. ROKA has the effective conscription length of 2 years. Basically, the only reason KPA has a higher nominal troop number is because of the length of conscription, not effective conscription.
- While nominal reserves of KPA is 8,200,000, this includes virtually everyone of "reliable" political background from age 17-49, with most of them knowing only the simplest things and mostly used for logistics and construction (less than 20% are actual combat troops). The ROK Reserve Forces of 2,900,000 is to be a pure infantry fighting force, meaning in effective reserves the ROKA outnumbers the KPA.

I don't need to go into the logistical and technological differences, do I?
Very self-explanatory indeed. The South Koreans developped several countermeasures in the last few years, so that would be the last thing to worry about if the Mentally Il wants to play rough. Most of those North Korean reserves are sitting ducks for tactical strikes and even the most devoted bunch would not hold its ground mentally when deprived of sleep, food, and quality equipment to some extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
EDIT: Perhaps the best possibility might be to assassinate North Korea's senior leadership. Power is so centralized that the country might just collapse into anarchy.
I'd be all ears out listening to this if the idea looks solid.