Thread: Licensed Btooom!
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 18:04   Link #415
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Like what Myssa Rei said, it would probably be more of anger + resentment.
I feel there are 2 parts to it:
1. Firstly the negative emotions of the victims of such a huge incident will still remain for a while even after the incident and the guys were caught. And they needed an outlet for it. This is pretty much an inherent nature for most humans. So it's pretty understandable, like what frivolity said. It's just like after having an angry conversation with someone on the phone or an argument with a friend or family, the next person who comes into your path within minutes will bear the brunt of what remains of your anger. Of course this is way more serious than that and the remaining negative emotions needed an outlet and Himiko became that, and it's easy to target Himiko because of (2).

2. Like it or not, even if Himiko is really 'innocent' because she has no evil intentions, it is in fact her actions that had indirectly led to their misfortune, which will cause them to resent her. Even without the intention, especially if her actions are something that are within her control and can be avoided (compare manslaughter caused by someone who's talking on the phone while driving vs manslaughter due to car fault that leads to it going out of control; she could have chosen not to bring her friends there), thus she cannot be completely free from the responsibility of causing the incident, even if she's merely the catalyst and might have played only a small part objectively speaking. Perhaps, over the years, when time has healed their wounds, it might be possible to forgive her, but definitely not in the short term. Imagine this: if a car driver was rushing to the hospital as his father was dying and as such, he killed a loved one or a friend, will you resent him? He might not necessarily be speeding but his state of mind might caused him to pay less attention to the road. Objectively speaking, his emotions and state of mind are understandable and we know that he has no 'intention' of killing, but the accident could have been avoided if say, he had chosen to take a taxi instead if he could have thought more clearly then. Just like the incident could have been avoided if Himiko had not brought them there if she had been more prudent, so even if Himiko was not the perpetrator, she could not be completely free from guilt.

Also, as it stands, the girls did not yet know with 100% certainty that Himiko would really disappear forever. If they knew that, there's a possibility that they might not have done what they had done.

BoT, episode 6 is one of the parts where I really started liking the protagonist with his heroiccs. Though I'm surprised he could carried Himiko for so long. Come to think of it, I'm wondering how they are going to cover what I think they are going to cover based on the OP characters given that there are only 6 episodes left.
Hm... Let me just put it this way. If I got mauled by a tiger yet miraculously survive but become permanently disabled, and my friend just ran away, even though there's nothing he could've done to help and probably would've gotten hurt in the process, chances are, I'd still be angry. Looking for someone to blame your misfortune on is something people do. I would not, however, grab a knife and keep stabbing my former friend until there is no blood left inside him.

The part that I can never understand and will never accept is that this event apparently made them hate her enough to want her dead.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote