View Single Post
Old 2007-08-02, 22:54   Link #264
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I get the feeling that your average Britannian is actually a good person. There were a lot of examples throughout CG that just point to there being more good people than the racist nut-jobs. Almost how I think America really is at its core (I'm American; sue me if I like my country more than any other, *definitely* including the ones to which I've traveled).

The teachers seemed like teachers to me, even though they never really have dialogue. It was mentioned that the teacher defended Suzaku, and it's my interpretation (and feel free to disagree) from the *very*incredibly* short clip of when Suzaku and Lulu are getting lectured about missing class, that the teachers seem willing to care for their two students, one of whom is Japanese (and it's a "teacher" kind of "care"... i.e. they love ya, but they're gonna yell at ya. ). And also, teachers tend to be more liberal and accepting as it is; they kind of have to be to survive in that type of job.

And you really don't see much in the way of discrimination against the Japanese from people other than those in the military or aristocrats. I think most average Britannians are okay people.

Who knows, I could be really wrong. But I'd like to believe that not all of them are bad.

They're fed propaganda, of course, and made to believe that the "Elevens" (by the way, do any of you also, like me, keep reading that as "Elvens?" lol) are bad and disgusting... But I think a lot of people realize that really isn't the case.

The students, especially, are a good example. They were totally non-rigid about their at-first impression of having a Japanese student around. When Suzaku saved Lulu, it seemed like everyone immediately warmed up to him ('cept that TOTALLY INSANE *****, Nina. WTF happened to her that she's SOOOOOO nuts? I hope that's explained, because I'm totally befuddled by the extent of her insanity). Then we have the school festival and the students seem totally acceptive of the Japanese amongst them.

I just have to think that there is a very good sense of decency in the average Britannian.
I think we can stereotype most Britannians as what Lelouch acted like with Kallen to fool her. People who may mean well, but bow their heads and simply let whats happening happen because they really can't do much. They are probably good people.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote