View Single Post
Old 2011-05-02, 12:33   Link #225
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Though I'm just wondering. Sayaka is not the only one who've had traumatic experiences. For example, Kyoko's father went insane and murdered the family. Homura had to repeat frustrating experiences over and over. But Kyoko and Homu coped better with their problems.

Just my speculation, Sayaka's character was used to portray the things that can happen if you make wrong decisions.
While I don't disagree with your speculation, there is a dramatic difference between Sayaka and Kyoko/Homura that makes it difficult to compare. In the case of Kyoko we have somebody who was already used to suffering so, although the death of her family is in no way not traumatic or tragic, she was far better equipped to handle it than the likes of Sayaka. And in Homura's case we have the perfect example of how you can hold on if you have something to fight for; we saw signs of fatigue in Homura several times, but since she had something to keep fighting for she was able to get back up. An important point for Sayaka is that she never found this; she made her wish while ignoring the advice to the contrary that she had received, so when things started going downhill all around her, she was poorly equipped to pick herself back up again.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote