View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 10:50   Link #153
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Well, from the looks of it, you guys seem to have a very kneejerk negative reaction to the term "sociopath" or "psychopath" for that matter, but whatever.

EDIT:

Another interesting thing to note is that these described "psychopaths" are essentially the closest human beings are to being objective thinkers. They're essentially free of human values and morals, and that allows them to see things as they truly are. Perhaps what people find so scary about such individuals is how "free" they are to do whatever they decide to do, unfettered by unnecessary empathy or guilt.
Society doesn't jump when they hear descriptors like "sociopathic" because they're afraid of their supposed sense of freedom; society jumps because they do stupid, destructive shit. I would suggest you read up on sociopathy. Some of these people do not concern themselves with reality as they're happy to make a fake reality that suits them, which is essentially what the Sibyl collective is doing. I've had experiences with sociopaths, and let me tell you they would not care to grab a bucket if society burned in front of their eyes. They may have a certain perspective to life that enables them to make certain types of decisions without blinking an eye, but it's not like these qualities are exclusive to them. What do you say about Akane then? She is an asymptomatic person, yet she clearly has proper judgment skills and is able to empathize. You say you believe that the Sibyl collective is not full of psychopathic killers, yet at the same time laud them for their qualities, not even bothering to think normal people have what it takes to govern a human population.