View Single Post
Old 2008-06-13, 22:20   Link #33
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Sorry for the late reply to this, I simply forgot to check some threads this last couple of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
As for avoiding people in pictures, there are three reasons. The first is that I'm a bit shy, and I'm always terrified that I'll make people uncomfortable by including them in a picture, or that they may try to bring some sort of legal action against me for taking a picture without their consent (I believe there are laws about that, but I'm not sure how strict they are). The second is that I'm not sure how to work with people in terms of angle, positioning, and timing. Partly as a result I prefer to avoid having people in the pictures as they might otherwise detract from the picture. The final reason is that, partly due to not being used to having people as subjects, my "photography eye" generally notices anything but people.
I have to admit that the legal aspect of posting someone's photo on the internet never crossed my head.

And as for getting the right angle with people; I think I remember seeing a series of photos that focused on close-ups of faces (can't remember where, though). It was mostly old people from the country, but I though the photos had an interesting idea as a whole.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, all the pics were B & W too!