Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Xebec)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-01, 17:38   Link #774
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Just because she saved his life doesn't mean he should hook up with her, or even be grateful that she enforces herself onto him, lives in his house and makes his life (almost literally) a living hell. And that's not even considering what she actually is, something he, as a Lovecraft-fan, is painfully aware of. So, I'd say he's making a wise move by trying to not get himself involved too much.
I'm far from suggesting that he roll over and let her rape him, I'm merely suggesting that him dishing out physical and verbal abuse at her on every possible occasion is
a) not that funny, especially after the 30th time;
b) sending a wrong message to impressionable kids that domestic violence is perfectly acceptable means of interaction;
c) simply against my moral compass so I have to cringe every time I see/hear it;
d) uncalled for, given how much she has done for him - for free;
e) quite immature - he's not acting his age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
Yes, but the series' flaw is in drawing half of it's humor yet again from the "let's abuse the pretty girl who really likes me" shtick. There's only so many times I can watch some get stabbed with a fork and find it funny, and this is coming from someone who had high hopes for this show. I'll keep following for a bit to see if they try anything new, but hope is starting to fade.
This, basically.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote