View Single Post
Old 2006-06-03, 15:29   Link #174
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaX
Question: So is there actually a sequel to Mikurun-run in the novel? Or did Haruhi just make a huge fat lie?
As of now (volume 8, March in the novel), no, not yet. But knowing Tanigawa Nagaru, he usually follows up on his forshadowings/underplots. Maybe we'll see a new "Asahina Mikuru no Bouken" when the new school year starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Haruhi is only dere because of the anime...blame the anime and read the novel...
Haruhi's dere is more subtle in the novel, but it's there (hence my comment "some people might not recognize her dere as dere").

- The ponytail is a good example.
- Shoushitsu's (vol.4) ending scene at the hospital was another.
- Near the end of Inbou (vol.7), Haruhi gave her hand-made chocolate (cake), which took her all night to make, to Kyon on Valentine day while making a bunch of excuses about it.
- Even the last scene in "Editor In Chief ★ Straight Ahead!" (vol.8), where Haruhi showed an unnatural level of interest for Kyon's "former girlfriend" (she pushed him to the ground and rode on top of him ) are all signs of Haruhi's dere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Anyways when I watch the anime again(which is the 8th time now...played in 'shuffle' mode on my windows media player), Haruhi's doesn't seem tsun to me...she's just very self-centered...
A character is tsundere when she (or he) takes on a very harsh and unkind attitude (tsuntsun) towards the main character at first, but over time, begins to show signs of affection and care (deredere) for the main character. There are various tsundere types. Before she cut her hair, Haruhi was a Loner tsundere type. After the SOS-dan was created, Haruhi became an Arrogant/High Pride tsundere.

(Since it sounds like you can read Japanese) Refer to the Japanese wiki entry on tsundere for more info. Notice how Haruhi is listed on the tsundere list as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.D. Geist
Can anybody tell me how haruhi is broadcasted ?!

Is it HD like 720i / p or just normal pal resolution (or even lower)?

Some say these 1280x720 (@120fps) are just upscaled, however they do look better than afks 640x360 ...

Or does it use a resolution like 8xx * 6xx ? *confused*
Here's a post from a while ago where I noted the difference between the hi-res and the normal version:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=434

The hi-res version isn't HD (it if was, the file size would've been ridiculous). I heard Chiba TV is offering HD contents for their programs, but I don't think that applies to this either.

The important thing is that the hi-res versions do look far better than the regular 704x396 versions, that's all that matters to me.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-06-03 at 15:44.