Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-08, 14:42   Link #2091
Conri

I have a favor to ask anyone who wants to see Simoun licensed... Please drop Geneon Entertainment a message saying so! While it might not help, it surely won't hurt. I'm positive the Marimite vs. Simoun Geneon license was a rumor because I can't even find it again, but they are definitely one of the most likely (and one of the best) companies that could license Simoun. They're also the most likely to include something like the eyecatch postcards.

Game: I'm a bit skeptical of the new characters (Didn't they already have enough?), but I am looking forward to hearing about the storyline. I'm sure it is AU esp. with the new faces, as that is how all facets of this series have played out. Though, I'm hoping the drama CD is closest to the anime universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Wow... sorry for the random tangent there
I don't think it's that random! Look at the ending...what has changed? Life moves on, so everything has changed (individual). But then, nothing has changed (world). The characters have grown up, they are no longer a group of children who didn't quite comprehend the gravity of the war they were fighting. The political, religious, military leaders are just as hard-headed and greedy, and the people will suffer. Now the children are adults preparing for another war with adult eyes: more realistic, more jaded. Rodoreamon fighting the political front, Paraietta caring for the casualties (orphaned children). Vyuraf and Floef might die. However, they can always look up into the sky and remember Aaeru and Neviril. Doesn't sound like much? It's more than a lot of people have. It's kind of a beautiful spirituality.

I hope that made sense to someone.

On a personal level, you sound a bit like me. I am struggling to find/apply my passions in this world, because I've learned that I don't survive very well otherwise... I'm too ADD, too easily bored. I've been fighting depression and anxiety for most of my life. Even though I try my best at work, it always eventually starts to show as it wears me down. But then, most people are like that when they are unhappy with their work/school.

I wanna fly a Simoun too! Can I be auriga?
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote